Friday 4 May 2012

How far would you go installing covert cctv

CCTVBLOG

Join our Community for Security Professionals

Just how far would you go when asked to install covert cameras?


A recent post that I wrote about covert cameras has gotten me to think a little. Just how far would installers go when asked to install covert cameras? Would you install anything as long as the money is right? Does moral responsibility kick in? Does the person hiring you have the right to install cameras wherever he wants simply because he is paying? How far would you go when asked to install covert cameras?

Replies to This Discussion

I will not under any circumstances violate my morals on an install job. we have a perfect rep and Iwant it to stay that way.
I think most people feel the same way. ( at least I hope so anyway ) I am not surprised anymore by some of the things I see.
Easy answer for me. I will not install cameras in areas where people have a reasonable expectation of privacy. That would include bathrooms, bedrooms etc.
That's a good rule of thumb but what if the customer says he wants cameras in these areas because he wants to keep an eye on the maid or nanny?
I'd tell him to find another installer as I don't want to be involved in a potential lawsuit.
Interesting. I wonder if other installers feel differently?

Connect with us

Subscribe via RSS FeedConnect on Google BuzzJoin Our LinkedIn Group
Have a question you want posted on our Blog? Want to reply to a discussion or blog post? Have something you want to share on our podcast? Simply call our number and leave your message. State if you have a question, want to answer a question, post or you would like to add your recording to our Podcast. Leave your message and we will take care of the rest.
(786) 250-2828

Facebook

Badge



Read more: http://www.cctvblog.net/forum/topics/just-how-far-would-you-go-when-asked-to-install-covert-cameras?commentId=1992791%3AComment%3A37199&xg_source=activity&utm_source=cctvblog&utm_medium=facebook#ixzz1tvuGHYPz
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

No comments:

Post a Comment